Being an account of the sport obtained during a two years' tour of the world. The major section of the book relates to East Africa (Also New Zealand, Yellowstone, Tetons, British Columbia, Japan & India. "Frank Wallace lived at Little Wyrley Hall in the parish of Norton Canes, where I live. My late father-in-law used to chauffeur for Frank in the 1930's and on a few occasions collected Hermann Goering, another Big Game hunter, from Wolverhampton railway station to spend a weekend at the Hall - he used to say "if only I had known". Frank, and his wife Elizabeth who I knew well, had hunted Big Game all over the world and their collection of trophies, one of the finest in Europe is still displayed in the ancient Tithe Barn next to the Hall. Frank eventually became disillusioned with hunting and turned his hand to drawing and painting the animals, he was a fine artist and his drawings illustrate several Big Game hunting books Little Wyrley Hall remains in the family." Roger J. Knowles.
xi + 269 pages with a frontis, nine full page and eighteen half page illustrations from drawings by the author. Good condition in green boards with gilt title on spine and gilt illustrated front board. Possibly new endpapers, with name inside, very mild foxing at front and rear.
- Jacket Condition: n/a
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 23x16.5
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA