[See also Lot 271]
Colour photographic dustjacket, green cloth-boards, gilt-embossed design to the upper panel and gilt-embossed design and lettering to the spine, green-and-white head- and tail-bands, aloe design reversed out of green to the endpapers, 2-colour map of author's travels in Africa as frontispiece, xxii + 537 pp of b/w-illustrated text and 3 indexes + 106 plates from the author's colour photographs - all printed on gloss-art paper.
CONDITION. This is a very good copy overall. The well-repaired dustjacket is edge-chipped and rubbed at the folds. The boards are bright, though lightly edge-rubbed. The endpapers are bright and clean except for a discreet ownership name and year on the front paste-down and a slight lifting of the rear paste-down from the lower board. The contents, including the plates, are complete, unmarked and undiscoloured.
- Jacket Condition: Good +
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 275 x 210 x 45; 2.2 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft (South Africa), SWIFT (rest of world), or $ checks for US or Australian buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved