A full 7-volume set of this definitive work. arrangement is by order and not geographically. The Birds of Africa is a superb multi-contributor reference work, with encyclopaedic species texts, stunning paintings of all species and numerous subspecies, hundreds of informative line drawings, detailed range maps, and extensive bibliographies. Each volume contains an Introduction that brings the reader up to date with the latest developments in African ornithology, including the evolution and biogeography of African birds. Diagnoses of the families and genera, often with superspecies maps, are followed by the comprehensive species accounts themselves. These include descriptions of range and status, field characters, voice, general habits, food, and breeding habits. Full bibliographies, acoustic references, and indexes complete this scholarly work of reference.
Vols. 1 to 6 published by Academic Press 1982 to 2000 . Vol.7 Nigel Helm London 2004.
No inscriptions. only the most minimal wear, each volume in dustwrapper (spines fading, one closed tear at tail of vol.4, no other chips, tears, or loss). an excellent set of near Fine copies.
Our Ref. #21586
- Jacket Condition: VG-Fine
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Size: 12.5" x 9.5" approx 23kg
- Sold By: Fables Bookshop
- Contact Person: Ian Balchin
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 046-625-0202
- Preferred Payment Methods: Mastercard, Visa, etc. PayPal subject to 5% surcharge, Ts&Cs apply. EFT for local clients invoiced in Rands. Bitcoin accepted for some transactions. USA corporate buyers can pay direct into a US bank account.
- Trade Associations: SABDA