Jonathan Ball in association with Human and Rousseau, foreword by Lionel Abrahams, slipcase, 1216 pages, 160 x 230mm, sun fading to spines of dust jackets and edges of slipcase, otherwise: very good.
The collected works are;
- Mafeking Road
- Unto Dust
- Jacaranda in the Night
- The Earth is Waiting
- Cold Stone Jug
- Jurie Steyn's Post Office
- Selected Stories ( The Missionary, A Tale Writ in Water, The Night-Dress, Local Column, Toys in the Shop Window, The call of the Road, Home Town, Psycho-Analysis, Jim Fish, Underworld).
- A Cask of Jerepigo
Herman Charles Bosman is widely regarded as South Africa's greatest short-story writer. Roy Campbell called him "the only literary genius that South Africa has produced" ( 'The Diamonds and the Necklace: A South African Journey', Richard West, Hodder & Stoughton, 1991).
Signed by the South African actor, David Butler.
David Butler is recognized as the successor to Patrick Mynhardt as the theatrical interpreter of Bosman, In particular, 'A Touch of Madness' and 'A Teacher in the Bushveld'.Gordon Vorster, author, painter, bon vivant and intimate of Bosman said,' The best thing that i can say about him (Bosman) is that he is as much a part of South Africa as the thorn-trees, and the wind, and the running of the grass over the hills.'
- Jacket Condition: Very good
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 160 x 230mm
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.