The Complete Poems of Robert Frost. [Introduction by Louis Untermeyer].
New York: Limited Editions Club, [colophon: printed ... under the direction of Bruce Rogers at The Marchbanks Press], 1950. 2 volumes, small quarto (10 ½ x 7 inches; 267 x 178mm), pp. [i-]xliv, 1- 308; [i-iv, 309-]311-607[-608, i-ii]. Some leaves unopened (as issued), wood engravings by Thomas Nason. Extra-illustrated with the loosely inserted relevant prospectus leaf and the L.E.C. Monthly Letter. Original dark blue denim cloth, dark blue spine labels lettered in gilt, top edges tinted, original glassine wrappers, the two volumes in a single marbled paper-covered slipcase, paper label to ‘spine’ of slipcase.
Condition: the two books (bindings and contents) are immaculate; glassine small chips and darkening of 'spines', split to back of slipcase and slight discolouration (see images) - in general, probably the best available.
Provenance: Laura Lowy
A great book, in spectacular condition. Limited edition of 1500 copies, this copy numbered 743, designed by Bruce Rogers and signed by Frost, Nason and Rogers.
Lathem 51; Crane A35
- Binding Condition: excellent
- Overall Condition: excellent
- Size: 10 ½ x 7ins; 267 x 178mm
- Sold By: Shadowrock Rare Books
- Contact Person: Adam Langlands
- Country: United States
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 001-860-248-1547
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, US$ checks and wire transfers, major credit cards through paypal
- Trade Associations: AA Approved