A standard work on the matter. "It has been our aim to cover the whole of philosophy as well as many of the points of contact between philosphy and other disciplines; The Encyclopedia treats Eastern and Western philosophy; it deals with ancient, medieval, and modern philosophy; and it discusses the theories of mathematicians, physicists, biologists, sociologists, psychologists, moral reformers, and religous thinkers where these have had an impact on philosophy. The Encyclopedia contains nearly 1500 articles of ample length which can be of real value to the specialist, while most of them are sufficiently explicit to be read with pleasure and profit by the intelligent nonspecialist..."
Eight volumes in four 4to volumes. 4206pp total. Gilt on navy cloth boards. 8.2kg.
Collier / Macmillan Publishing Co. & The Free Press. 1972 Reprint Edition.
No inscriptions. a very good set. attractive desk and shelf appearance, little used. no dustwrappers.
Our Ref. #27028
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good.
- Size: 260mm h x 195mm x 8.2kg
- Sold By: Fables Bookshop
- Contact Person: Ian Balchin
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 046-625-0202
- Preferred Payment Methods: Mastercard, Visa, etc. PayPal subject to 5% surcharge, Ts&Cs apply. EFT for local clients invoiced in Rands. Bitcoin accepted for some transactions. USA corporate buyers can pay direct into a US bank account.
- Trade Associations: SABDA