RIVIERE & Son., binder. - Francis T. PALGRAVE (1824 - 1897) & Laurence BINYON (1869-1943).
The Golden Treasury. Selected from best songs and lyrical poems in the English language and arranged with notes by Francis T. Palgrave... With a supplementary fifth book selected, arranged, and annotated by Laurence Binyon.
London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1926. Small 8vo (6 x 3 7/8in.; 153 x 98mm). Title vignette. (Some light toning).
Contemporary light reddish-brown morocco gilt by Riviere & Son, covers elaborately decorated with a design of stylised grape vines, created using small tools including rules, points, leaves and bunches of grapes, the spine in six compartments with raised bands, lettered in the second compartment, the others with simple repeat decoration centering on a single vine leaf, gilt turn-ins, marbled endpapers, gilt edges (joints a little weak with some small splits [see images], one corner rubbed [see images]).
Provenance: Winifred A. Ingraham (inscription dated 1928).
A beautiful copy of this standard work, described on the verso of the title page as being the 'Third Edition (with book V chosen by L. Binyon)'.
- Binding Condition: Acceptable
- Overall Condition: Acceptable
- Size: 6 x 3 7/8in.; 153 x 98mm
- Sold By: Shadowrock Rare Books
- Contact Person: Adam Langlands
- Country: United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 001-860-248-1547
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, US$ checks and wire transfers, major credit cards through paypal
- Trade Associations: AA Approved