Hemans was commissioner of the Sebungwe District of Southern Rhodesia. While performing his official duties, he enjoyed considerable big game hunting particularly near the Kariba Gorge and along the Zambesi River, collecting buffalo, kudu, rhinoceros and wildebeest, but losing his elephant. Original dark red cloth with gilt titles and gilt caravan vignette on the spine. Minor soiling and light bumping to upper corner. Scattered light foxing. Well illustrated with photo plates and folding map. With the small book seller's label from Bulawayo on the front pastedown.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good, tight and firm
- Size: Octavo
- Sold By: Classic Arms Books
- Contact Person: Ken Czech
- Country: United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 320-255-1870
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, check or money order in U.S. funds
- Trade Associations: Advanced Book Exchange
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.