Covers protected in clear plastic, beige buckram-boards, gilt-embossed to upper panel and spine, plain endpapers, unpaginated b/w-illustrated text with full-page reproductions of 51 of the 56 original colour paintings (plates 1, 31, 32, 40 and 48 were lost for reasons explained by the editor).
It's unusual to find such a good copy of this now 4-year-old book.
The book's rationale, fulfilled in this sumptuous large volume, was to show the original paintings at their best by printing them in "soft" lithography at two-thirds their original size instead of by "harsh" letterpress at one-third size.
Complete and fine throughout, unmarked except for a brief ink dedication, and unfoxed.
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 475 x 345; 2.1 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved