On his eighteenth birthday, Gilles enlisted in the French army and two months later was captured by the Germans. Twice. he escaped, the second time walking almost 1,000 miles back to France. At the end of the war, Tre-Hardy made a career in the French African colonies, becoming in time Chief Administrator and later chief Game Warden in [the] French Soudan, Ivory Coast, Niger and [the] Central African Republic, he was in the right place at the right time. Game was plentiful. There was plenty of time to hunt. Trophy quality was excellent. Tre-Hardy acted as a Professional Hunter (PH) for visiting notables, including all the visiting presidents of France. Late in his career Hardy was governor of the Marquesas, and in retirement devoted time to assisting Girard Pasanisi's Tanganyika Wildlife Safaris.
Limited signed edition of 1000 copies of which this is No 273.
292 pages with many black & white photographs.
Good condition green hardcover with good dust wrapper. One small sticker with koki scratches on front endpapers.
- Jacket Condition: Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 26x18.5
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA