Mr Robert has used a humorous form of art to portray the lighter side of martial law on the Rand during the Labour strike, to be enjoyed by all, no matter their political opinions in the dispute.
Under martial law citizens were not allowed outside of their dwellings after 8 pm, unless they were in possession of a special permit. The final cartoon depicts the uncertainty of the future as felt at that time. Fragile paper covers in good condition, slight foxing on front pages. 30 Pages, 17 full page cartoons by the artist.
- Jacket Condition: Fair
- Binding Condition: Fair
- Overall Condition: Fair
- Size: 310 x 250 mm, Royal Quarto
- Sold By: Hemingways Books
- Contact Person: Jenny Pote
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: (+27)729337140
- Preferred Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, All Credit Cards via PayGate secure links.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.