One of the best-known of the books illustrated by Arthur Rackham.
Tan buckram boards with gilt design and lettering to the upper panel and spine, tan design to endpapers, colour frontispiece with captioned tissue-guard, 2-colour title-page, x + 159 pp of b/w-illustrated text + 21 inserted boards on which reproductions of Rackham's colour paintings are pasted, each with a captioned tissue guard.
CONDITION. The boards and board-edges are lightly rubbed. The spine has been re-attached. The gilt illustrations and lettering on the boards and spine remain bright. The front paste-down is fine but the front free endpaper is missing. The next two leaves are foxed. The copy is otherwise complete and unmarked, and the inserted illustrations and their printed tissue guards are all fine. Despite the repairs and rubbed boards, this copy merits its very good overall rating.
- Jacket Condition: No jacket
- Binding Condition: Good (repaired)
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 260 x 190 x 40; 1.2 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved