New edition in eight volumes, 1847, Longman, Brown, full calf boards with gilt margins & edge designs, filigree scrolls in compartments between raised bands on spines, morocco labels, marbled endpapers, bookplate, 150 x 220mm, condition: very good. Altogether a very handsome set.
Alexander Pope is the eighteenth century English poet known for 'The Rape of the Lock' published in 1712. After Shakespeare he is the most quoted man of letters in 'The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations'.
William Roscoe is the English historian and art collector best known for his children's poems, 'The Butterfly's Ball', and 'The Grasshopper's Feast'.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 150 x 220mm
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved