From the dustjacket:
- "Luli Callinicos, one of South Africa's most eminent historians, has created an extraordinary documentary of a book in which geography and history blend, and the collective life and image of a nation is focused through the life of one individual - Nelson Mandela."
- W M Sisulu: "Every South African should read this book." (From the Foreword)
- Nelson Mandela: "This fine book brings to life our living history. Here are the people and events of our past, commemorated in the places that map the pathway to our country's liberation."
- Nadine Gordimer: "Greatness is inborn. But it is what it makes of the time, place and circumstances with which and in which it develops that it is manifest. Luli Callinicos has done something prodigious. The world that made Mandela is a stunningly fascinating book, on a level high above hagiography, graphic - in both rare photographs and informative text - a fulfilling experience and of the exaltation and tragedy by which history, in the hands of greatness, moves on, and leaves its traces for us to visit in sites and landscapes."
The top and bottom edges of the dustjacket are lightly chipped, but the rest of the copy is complete, unmarked and as-new.
Colour dustjacket, printed on all faces, black cloth-boards, gilt to spine, red-and-yellow head- and tail-bands, plain endpapers, 339 pp of prelims, text illustrated with colour map and colour photographs, appendixes and index.
- Jacket Condition: Fine
- Binding Condition: Mint
- Overall Condition: Mint
- Size: 290 x 305; 2.3 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.