Theal's major ethnographical book, and the only one from which history is excluded.
DESCRIPTION. New maroon skivertex-boards with original spine cover laid down, new plain green endpapers and scarlet head- and tail-bands, tissue-guarded frontispiece from a painting by Burchell, xiv/397 pp of text and index + 2 pp publisher's announcement + 15 inserted plates on art-paper not listed in the prelims and with additional woodcut drawings in the text.
CONDITION. The binding is now fine and attractive. Except for pp 31/32 (apparently missing, but the binding appears undisturbed), the copy is complete, including the plates. There are no ownership or other markings. The copy is undiscoloured except for foxing to pp 30/33 and some occasional other foxing spots.
This is now an attractive copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good (repaired)
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.