"With map and several illustrations."
Published shortly before the Anglo-Boer War, this slight book is quite different from Stanley's earlier works. Each chapter represents a week's travel, three in Rhodesia and three in South Africa, including an interview with President Kruger (of whom he had little good to say). The chapters first appeared in South Africa, a weekly newspaper published in London, and the content of the book reflects this publication in its heavy proportion of advertisements (some 10 pp). It is not without interest, however, and is now fairly scarce.
CONDITION. Good+ throughout.
- Binding Condition: Good +
- Overall Condition: Good +
- Size: 190 x 135
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved