- The full credits for the main book, Wild Flowers of the Transvaal, read: "Paintings by Cythna Letty (Cythna Lindenberg Forssman), text by R A Dyer, Inez C Verdoorn and L E Codd (all of the Division of Botany, Department of Agricultural Technical Services, Pretoria); and foreword by Dr Louisa Bolus (of the Bolus Herbarium, University of Cape Town)".
This copy is signed on the title-page by Cythna Letty.
Colour dustjacket, green buckram boards with design and lettering to the upper panel and spine, rounded spine, head- and tail-bands, printed green endpapers, colour frontispiece painted by Cythna Letty's mother, Josina Christina Lindenberg Letty, xiv + 362 pp on matt art paper with 174 colour plates paginated and printed with the text, b/w figures in the text and 2 indexes.
CONDITION. The unclipped dustjacket (R8.00) is very lightly rubbed. The boards and contents are complete, unmarked and fine. This is an unread copy.
(2) Children of the Hours. Indigenous plants with peculiar habits. Drawings, painting and poems by Cythna Letty. Introduction by Professor Ridley Beeton. Published by Ad Donker, Johannesburg, 1981. Colour dustjacket, tan paper-boards, white to spine, plain cream endpapers, colour frontispiece. The 63 pp of text on heavy matt-art paper include 22 pp of full-page colour paintings. This book was published when Dr Letty was 86, and all but one or two of the paintings in the book were completed in the year or two before publication. The informative jacket blurb notes that her work "is represented in 67 publications and she holds the Grenfell Medal of the Royal Horticultural Society"; that she designed the floral emblems for the 10 c, 20 c and 50 c South African coins (still in circulation); and that she contributed almost one thousand plates to Flowering Plants of Africa. 290 x 225. An unmarked and fine copy.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 275 x 205
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved