Czech (Dr. Kenneth) An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game Hunting Books 1785-1999 (New edition 2011), page 101, ‘This work recounts a ten-year span that Lyell hunted in Northeastern Rhodesia and Nyasaland. While the text jumps to various locales in the region with little chronological order, there are innumerable recountings of hunting elephant, buffalo, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, lion, leopard, sable, eland, and a host of other games. Hunting venues include the Zambesi, Luangwa, and Bua rivers, the Chiromo Marsh, and the Tuchila Plain. There is also an interesting chapter on fatal encounters between hunters and their game. As with most of Lyell's works, there is a considerable mention of the exploits and experiences of other sportsmen.
xvi, 284 pages plus 4 of commercial advertisements, frontispiece 45 plates and 1 text illustration.
Original dark green cloth with gilt titling on the upper cover and spine and with a vignette of an elephant in black on the upper cover. Mild foxing on endpapers.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 22x14.5
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA