Denis Lyell was a hunter with a long and practical experience of his subject gained in Nyasaland, North Eastern Rhodesia and Portuguese East Africa from 1898. It is chatty in its style and is rich in information on elephants and their habits, hints on hunting them, their ivory, and the dangers generally of hunting elephant and other big game. His advice & fascinating facts are threaded with anecdote in which other renowned hunters are often mentioned.
Gilt title with black decorated green cloth boards. 284pp illustrated 8vo.
Owners inscription and stamp to both end papers. another 2 stamps elsewhere. otherwise contents unmarked. Boards very clean and attractive, but a little soft at head and tail of spine, four square corners. overall a tight original copy that is conservatively in VG condition. an excellent, most attractive, and extremely sound copy.
Our Ref. #24970
- Binding Condition: VG+
- Overall Condition: VG+
- Size: 220mm x 150mm x 0.8kg
- Sold By: Fables Bookshop
- Contact Person: Ian Balchin
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 046-636-1525
- Preferred Payment Methods: Mastercard & Visa cards. PayPal subject to 5% surcharge, Ts&Cs apply. EFT for local clients invoiced in Rands. Bitcoin accepted for some transactions. USA buyers can pay direct into a US bank account.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.