VIETNAM, Anti-War. - Robert Andrew PARKER (b.1927) & John F. MAHONY (1924-2018).
Manuscript scroll, titled ’In Tarrytown, July 4, 1971 / A Declaration of Peace’, on 5 sheets of laid paper (18 7/8 x 124 ins; 480 x 3140mm). Calligraphy by Parker, signed at the end by Parker and Mahony. Left margin with abstract colored decoration, occasional initials highlighted in color. Condition: some small chips, waviness from having been rolled for so long, adhesive tape has given way between some sections.
Anti-war, anti-Nixon (“King Richard the Lyndon-hearted”) cry from the heart, includes a punning reference to John Kerry. Mahony spent time in jail for his beliefs, ‘Bob’ Parker is a respected artist and illustrator: for example, in 2014, he had a one-man show at the Century Association, see also http://www.visionandartproject.org/sites/default/files/R_A_Parker%20interview_2017_5_17_0.pdf ).
- Overall Condition: Excellent
- Size: 18 7/8 x 124 ins; 480 x 3140mm
- Sold By: Shadowrock Rare Books
- Contact Person: Adam Langlands
- Country: United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 001-860-248-1547
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, US$ checks and wire transfers, major credit cards through paypal
- Trade Associations: AA Approved