The writer has the distinction of being the first lady tourist to complete the Cape to Cairo journey along similar lines to Grogan\'s famous exploit less than a decade earlier - and with much less loss of life among animals and people along the way. She took numerous glass-plate photos, and developed them herself en route, and these illustrate the lively and interesting account she gives of her experiences and the passing scene. 424 pp with 63 bw plates (all present) and two folding maps. Re-bound in plain cloth with original spine and front cover labels laid down. Light sporadic foxing throughout, otherwise good condition. Inscribed by author on htp \"To Nellie, with much love from the Author\" A rare find
- Jacket Condition: n/a
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 225 x 160 mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.