The book features 153 travellers to South Africa and their works, arranged chronologically - from Bartholomeu Dias (1488) to Jean-Baptiste Tavernier (1649).
The dustjacket is chipped at the head and the foot with small loss of material. The grey cloth-boards are lightly shelf worn. The binding is tight. The plain endpapers have an owner\'s signature on both free leaves. The rest of the book - vii + 216 pp of text, bibliography and explanatory index + frontispiece and 18 inserted monochrome plates - is in original condition.
- Jacket Condition: Good +
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 255 x 160
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.