This is a collectable copy of a fine book -- accordng to the blurb, "one of the clearest and most absorbingly readable accounts yet written of modern war".
The unclipped (21s) dustjacket features Ley Kenyon's striking five-colour drawing dominated by the Monastery of Monte Cassino, which was controversially shelled in the Allied attack. The unprotected, unclipped jacket (21s) has a minimum of unobtrusively small chips, in itself an acknowledgment of 53 years of careful ownership and use.
The blue cloth boards, gilt to spine, are pristine, as are the binding, the plain endpapers (small signature on the front paste-down), the xii + 270 pp of text, bibliography and index, the 12 pages of plates, the eight maps and the folding panorama of the battle (see image).
- Jacket Condition: G - VG
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 225 x 145
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved