See also Lot 199. The Struik reprint has the benefit of an index prepared for the Johannesburg Public Library for use with the original book and repaginated for this edition. It also has eight illustrations (see one of the images) from James Backhouse\'s \"A Narrative of a Visit to the Mauritius and South Africa\". This is copy No 236 from the Struik edition limited to 750 copies.
Full-bound in red leatherette-boards with blind embossed design all over and gilt to the panel and spine. The endpapers are sunned in register with the flaps of the now missing dustjacket, with two ownership names to the front. vi + 344 pp of text and index + frontispiece and 8 tinted plates.
- Jacket Condition: (No jacket)
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 220 x 145
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft (South Africa), SWIFT (rest of world), or $ checks for US or Australian buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved