\". . . Thirty East African Sketches by A W Lloyd. With an Introduction by Sir Percy Fitzpatrick\"
\"Jannie\" was General Smuts, seen with General Both in one of the fine drawings in this slight volume.
In his introduction, Fitzpatrick tells how the artist, formerly a cartoonist with the Johannesburg Sunday Times and Sunday Post and now with Punch in London, found himself posted not to France but to East Africa, where, during a few weeks\' sick leave, he drew these fine sketches illustrating the war between the Allies (represented by South Africa) and Germany, with other local characters sometimes in the frame.
The centre sheet is detached from the stitches but still in place. Despite this minor fault, this is an excellent copy.
- Jacket Condition: (Printed paper covers)
- Binding Condition: Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 250 x 185
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.