Hans Fransen is a widely published author of books on vernacular architecture and early townscape photography.
Salient features of his current book:
- it is a large and lavishly illustrated and produced book sponsored by the Rupert Family Foundation
- it concentrates on about one hundred towns established before the end of the nineteenth century
- it is dedicated to the land surveyors of a bygone era
- it includes more than 700 illustrations, including early watercolours, pioneer photographs and aerial photographs, some of the last of which are from the 1930s "before the character of many of the towns changed irrevocably"
Two-colour photographic dustjacket, grey cloth-boards, white lettered to the spine, matching endpapers, x + 360 pp of illustrated double-column text, appendixes and index.
This is a perfect copy, which was opened for the first time for the purposes of this description.
- Jacket Condition: Mint
- Binding Condition: Mint
- Overall Condition: Mint
- Size: 340 x 255
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved