Unclipped colour-illustrated dustjackets, grey paper-boards, plain endpapers. Matt-art paper throughout for text and colour plates.
- Vol 1. Purnell, Cape Town, Johannesburg and London, 1977. J J A van der Walt was the sole author of this first volume. Foreword by H B Rycroft. pp i-xv of prelims + pp 1-50 of b/w-illustrated text + 50 unpaginated colour plates printed with the text + pp xvi-xix of index, glossary and bibliography.
- Vol 2. Juta, Cape Town and Johannesburg, 1981. Foreword by R A Dyer. pp i- xi of prelims + 148 pp of text including 50 colour plates + xii-xvii of glossary and bibliography.
- Vol 3. National Botanic Gardens, Kirstenbosch, Cape Town, 1988. Foreword by J N Eloff. Including some representative species from other parts of the world. pp i-xiii of prelims + 149 pp of b/w illustrated text including 50 colour plates + pp xiv-xxvi of glossary, index to vols 1-3, index of names and bibliography.
CONDITION. The dustjackets, binding and contents of all three volumes are in very good or better condition - complete, unmarked and undiscoloured except for very light sunning of the endpapers of two of the volumes. Vol 1 has a 3 cm closed tear at the foot of the front of the dustjacket and a 5 -cm-long tape residue on the front flap, partly obscuring three words.
The volumes were published between 31 and 42 years ago, and first edition sets in such good condition are seldom seen.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 290 x 220 x 70; 2.5 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.