This first edition copy of one of Churchill\'s prophetic and more valuable works is complete and worthy of restoration.
That the copy was well read is indicated by the reinforced free endpapers, which carry well over fifty date stamps from John Orr\'s library, starting on 16 Aug 1939 and ending on 19 Sep 1945, with a lending charge of 6d (possibly per fortnight). A larger date stamp may indicate that the book was taken off the library shelves on 5 Feb 1946.
The dustjacket remains complete but in three pieces (see images). The green cloth-boards, gilt to spine, are in remarkably good condition, but with shelf-wear and corner bumping at the foot. The binding has broken at the front and is starting to crack before the map at the back. The book has 364 pp of text as well as two maps, one of China facing p 295 and a folding map of Modern Europe bound in at the end of the book.
- Jacket Condition: Poor+ (repaired, unclipped, nearly complete)
- Binding Condition: Fair
- Overall Condition: Fair
- Size: 220 x 150 x 40
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.