Containing some account of the History, Symptoms, and Cure of This Fatal Disease.
In an Epistle addressed to Richard Herber, Esq.
The binding bears the binder's stamp of F. Bedford.
'In laying before the public the following brief and superficial account of the disease, which, till it arrested the attention of Dr. Ferriar, had entirely escaped the sagacity of all ancient and modern Physicians, it has been my object to touch chiefly on its leading characteristics; and to present the reader (in the language of my old friend Francis Quarles) with an 'honest pennyworth' of information which may, in the end, either suppress or soften the ravages of so destructive a malady. I might easily have swelled the size of the Treatise by the introduction of much additional, and not incurious, matter; but I thought it most prudent to wait the issue of the present 'recipe,' at once simple in its composition and gentle in its effects.' Author's Advertisement, pages v/vi.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 8vo (225 x 140 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA