[See also Lot 425, the same author's "Kingfishers"]
Plastic-protected colour-illustrated unclipped (5 pounds, 100/-) dustjacket, green cloth-boards with green lettering on black spine panels, plain back endpaper, half-title as front free endpaper, colour frontispiece, title-page with author's signature and date, xxxiv pp of prelims, 17 b/w photographic plates with captions opposite, 511 pp of text, addenda and 2 indexes with 40 b/w figures in the text + 40 other pp of inserted colour plates on art-paper + 2-col 6-fold map at the back.
CONDITION. The plastic protection has kept the dustjacket in fine condition. The binding is fine as well, but the upper board is rubbed near the top (see image). The endpapers and contents, including all the plates, are all better than very good - complete, unmarked except for the signature, and undiscoloured, making this an excellent and collectable signed copy of a more than fifty-year-old book.
- Jacket Condition: Fine
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 275 x 200 x 45; 1.9 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved