The great explorer/administrator's first major work on East Africa; the book chronicles his unsuccessful attempts at attaining the summit and contains much information on the natural history of this landmark. 572 pp with engraved plates text illustrations and maps, some folding; all present. Book has been re-bound in modern full calf and eps replaced. Small, neat club ownership stamp on tp as well as on the back of a number of plates, and also in margins of pages. Three pages have edge tears repaired, and there are two further pages with small marks - otherwise the book is in very good, tight condition.
- Jacket Condition: n/a
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 215 x 145 mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.