Blue cloth-boards, gilt to spine. Plain endpapers. Bottom page edges untrimmed Vol I vii + 314 pp of text + map + frontispiece and 2 other portraits. Vol II vii + 352 pp of text and index + map + frontispiece portrait + 16 pp of publisher\'s announcements.
This an attractive set. The only marking is an owner\'s pencil signature on the front free endpaper of Vol I. The spines and corners are lightly bumped and chipped. The binding is round and tight. The text pages are unmarked, with only the slighted discolouration to some early and late leaves.
- Binding Condition: Near VG
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 227 x 190 x 90 1.4 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft (South Africa), SWIFT (rest of world), or $ checks for US or Australian buyers
- Trade Associations: AA Approved