John Scott Keltie's article the Report of the Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society is a succinct and illuminating report describing how the different European states obtained possessions on the African continent. The aricle is accompanied by a coloured, fold out colour map of Africa (39.5cm x 41cm) showing boundaries settled by international treaties and agreements among British, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish after the Berlin West Africa Conference of 1885.
This 1890 publication by the Royal Geographical Society predates John Scott Keltie's book (1893 and 1895) on the subject (Lot #178). This Report is a complete issue of the Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society, seldom found in such good and original condition.
Keltie's publications on the partition of Africa are highly regarded - see commentary elaborated in Lot #178.
The Report, with its accompanying map, is in near fine condition: the insertion of the map into the report has been strengthened but the map itself is unblemished.
- Jacket Condition: N/A
- Binding Condition: Excellent
- Overall Condition: Near Fine
- Size: 24.7cm x 16cm; 120g
- Sold By: Roger Stewart Antiquarian
- Contact Person: Dr. Roger Stewart
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27836541081
- Preferred Payment Methods: LOCAL: EFT; INTERNATIONAL: PAYPAL or Bank Transfer; no credit cards
- Trade Associations: IMCOS
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.