Translated from the French by C.B. Pitman. The 250 illustrations are by Albert Pepin. Two volume set, re-bound in quarter leather with raised bands, gilt titling and rules, red book cloth boards. Top edges gilt and new end papers. Volume 1 has xxii prelims, 281 pages, profusely illustrated in black and white with a coloured fold out map at the rear. Volume 2 has x prelims, 255 pages and black and white illustrations. CONDITION DETAILS: The foxing/spotting is more severe at the first and last pges of the set, but also occurs sporadically throughout. The map at the rear of volume 1 is unfortunately also foxed. The bindings are attractive, but the book cloth has scarring.
- Binding Condition: Re-bound
- Overall Condition: Foxing/spotting
- Size: 257mm x 174mm
- Sold By: Gandolph's Books
- Contact Person: Arnaud Labuschagne
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 11-624-1752
- Preferred Payment Methods: Cash, Cheque deposits in Rands, bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.