This is an excellent copy of a reference work which carried colour or monochrome illustrations of some one hundred of South Africa\'s leading painters and sculptors of the first two-thirds of the previous century as well as an overview contributed by the noted art historian Heather Martienssen.
The unclipped dustjacket (R16.50) is slightly chipped and rubbed at the edges. The grey cloth-boards and binding remain perfect. The plain endpapers carry a pasted message signed by Anton Rupert presenting the volume as a 1966 Christmas gift to mark the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Rembrandt group.
The book\'s xvii + 138 pp of text and illustrations, of which the 56 colour plates are tipped in, is in unread condition.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 360 x 280; 1.9 kg
- Sold By: Fontein Books
- Contact Person: Richard Proctor-Sims
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 051 773 0050/048 079 546 4032
- Preferred Payment Methods: Eft or, for overseas buyers, Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.