This series was a long labour of love for the publisher and editor, neither of whom benefited financially from its production. Some of the numbers have become hard to come by and a complete set of the first volumes in the series (later ones were published by Protea of Pretoria)is rare. Except for one rubbed dustjacket spine, the volumes are all in very good or better condition and are unmarked except for ownership initials in three of the volumes. All the dustjackets feature attractive illustrations and each of the volumes has 4 pp of plates.
1. Sophie Leviseur Memories. 2. Samuel Rolland: pioneer van die sending in die Vrystaat (1801-73). 3. Sotho War Diaries of Fraser and Briggs (1864-65). 4. Die Huis van die Armes. Die Berlynse Sendinggenootskap in die OFS (1833-69). 5. Pen Pictures of the Past (Maude Bidwell). 6. The Free State Mission. The Anglican Church in the OFS (1863-1883). 7. Die Herinneringe van J C de Waal. 8. The Recollections of Elizabeth Rolland (1803-1901). 9. The Bloemfontein Diary of Lt W J St John (1852-53). 10. The Early Days of the Orange Free State (Charles Warden, W D Savage, Martha Jane Kirk).
Letters from the author to the owner of this collection are loosely inserted in some of the books. They discuss financial and other support for the series from this owner and others.
- Jacket Condition: 9 Very Good, 1 Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 220 x 142 x 150 mm (shelf space) (2.6 kg)