and his collection of 165 water-colour paintings.
1781-1784, 2 volumes, volume 1: 172 pages of letterpress + 89 colour plates and 2 folding maps, volume 2: 181 pages of letterpress + 95 colour plates, blue cloth gilt, a very good set, number 1911 of an English edition limited to 2500 copies.
As well as the watercolours these volumes contain articles on various aspects of Le Vaillant's life and work. Contributors include Matthys Bokhorst, Vernon Forbes, Ronald Lewcock and Dirk Visser, Percival Kirby, S.H. Skaife and A.M. Lewin Robinson.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: Large 4to (312 x 238 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA