Oxford University student (New College) Photo Album, 1928-30, W.H.Felling, captioned, 80 pages, 290 x 260mm, 2 small photographs missing, condition: very good.
Pages with captioned photographs ,
- Christmas 1928, Wengen and winter sports
- 7 little South Africans-far from home! (incl.'Pinkie' Hill, mining personality)
- Summer at Oxford
- Summer Term 1929, Oxford
- New College 1929
- Summer vacation 1929
- At Manston with the Oxford University Air Squadron (O.U.A.S.)
- O.U.A.S. 2nd camp
- Squadron Hanger, Manston
- Squdron 'plane over Canterbury Cathedral
- Squadron 'plane over Cliftonville, Margate
- Norfolk Broads, august 1929
- Confederation Internationale Des Etudiants, CIE, (International Confederation Of Students) 11th Congress, Budapest, August 10th-24th, 1929
- Wien, homeward journey
- Munchen, Nurnberg, Rothenburg, Frankfurt am Maine, Koln, Heidelberg, The Black Forest, Lucerne, the Axenstrasse, Furka Pass, Rhone glacier, Scheidegg (Eiger), Spiez,
- Winter Sports, Lenk
- Christmas 1929, Leukerbad
- Summer Vacation. 1930
- Sussex, Swanage
The O.U.A.S. was formed in 1925.
Jim Bailey, the son of Sir Abe Bailey and pioneer aviator Lady Mary Bailey joined the Royal Air Force as a pilot in September 1939, directly from the O.U.A.S.
After University, the owner of the photo-album, W.H.Felling, held a position at the newly-formed South African Iron and Steel Industrial Corporation (Iscor).
- Overall Condition: very good
- Sold By: The Old Limpopo Curiosity Shop (research bookshop)
- Contact Person: Mark Inman
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 011 888 2067
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal. EFT. direct deposit. cheques.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.